Selling your house in any market can be a challenging process. If your house is vacant, getting it ready, getting it set and getting it sold can be a real challenge. Homes In Transition (HIT)is a program developed to help you and your Broker sell the house fast and at the best possible price.
If your house is for sale and vacant, you're not doing everything you can to get the highest and best price for what is probably your biggest investment. It's important to realize your house is no longer that special place where you raised your family, saw your dreams come true and created lifetime memories. Your house is just like every other vacant house on the market in the eyes of the prospective buyer which is why you must consider all your options to help it compete with all the other houses on the market.
Selling your vacant house will require a different prospective
To make the best decisions about selling your house, you must view the process as as a business proposition that will require the same decision processes used to sell your car, your boat, or other property.
Selling your house in this market will require listening to your Broker's advise. HIT can help your vacant house stand out from the competition. It is a well know fact that a house that is occupied (temperature controlled with a breath of life), nicely furnished and well cared for always sells faster and for more money. It is our goal at Homes In Transition to make that happen for every vacant house we breathe life into.
Homes In Transition is a proven program
Homes In Transition offers a proven, comprehensive solution for all the issues related to vacant houses. HIT provides a unique and safe marketing environment for your house while providing asset preservation, security, staging, and greatly reduced operating costs for a fraction of what it costs to keep the property vacant. In fact, if we can't help you sell the property within the first 90 days of our occupancy, the cost for the HIT program is waived! Either way, we can show you how the HIT program will drastically cut your holding costs of your vacant property while we provide the essential breathe of life every vacant house needs.
Our nearly 32 years of combined experience and over 400 houses served through Homes In Transition alone proves our reliability and dedication to helping get vacant houses SOLD.
We know you have questions. Please review our FAQ's Tab above under Property Owners for specific answers to your questions. If you don't see what you need Contact Us by phone or email.
Lets face it, times are tough enough without the burden of another vacant house in the neighborhood. HIT can eliminate this burden for you and for your neighbors. HIT's unique arrangement with the Property Owner and Caretaker keeps property values in check because a HIT Caretaker occupied house is more attractive, is better maintained, always available for better showings, feels better, is fully functioning and sells faster, for more money.
No longer does your vacant house scream "make me a low ball offer, I'm desperate". People understand a vacant house is a burden and they believe you will take a lower offer just to free yourself from the weight around your ankle. When your house is well cared for and HIT is part of the marketing solution, there is no appearance of desperation or burden, thus offers are more reasonable and other Brokers want to show it.
If you're facing foreclosure or worse, selling your house fast, and at the best price will reduce any deficiency judgment and could mean the difference between having your credit dinged and having to file bankruptcy. At this point, your house is not an asset, rather it's a huge liability that, like a weight around your ankle, is dragging you deeper into financial ruin. And even if you lose your house to foreclosure or give it back, you could still be responsible for loses to your mortgage holder. If you can salvage a sale before the house is sold at the court house, it could greatly offset what you might otherwise owe your lender. Homes In Transition can HELP!
Brokers like to show Caretaker Occupied houses
It's no secret, Brokers appreciate showing houses that are safe, comfortable and those that create the least amount of issues for their buyers. Showing Caretaker Occupied houses is easy since they remain on lockbox and our Caretakers accommodate the marketing and selling processes. Brokers don't like showing rentals because tenants are there for the long haul and don't accommodate showings. Brokers would much rather show an occupied house or maybe even a staged house before they showed a vacant house because a buyer can see more clearly what they are buying and how it will fit their needs. Buyers appreciate knowing the heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical systems are fully functional - you can't tell in a vacant house! Think about it, there are many popular programs that demonstrate "How To Get Your House Sold". These programs are successful because they help. Unfortunately not everyone can do it themselves. That's what Homes In Transition is all about, we can do it for you at little or no cost! Homes In Transition breathes life into vacant houses and we can do the same for yours!
NOW is the best time to act!
To place your house in the HIT program you will need Property enrollment package. While we work to make this document available online, the fastest way to get your Property Enrollment Package is to come by your local office or Contact Us.
You can request a Property Enrollment Package by sending us an email request to Info@HomesInTransition.com. Please include your phone number, and property address and listing Broker
Homes In Transition really is the solution to help you sell your vacant house.
Still not convinced?
- Did you know. . .The vast majority of homeowner insurance policies become void or greatly reduce coverage if your house is vacant for more than 14 days in most cases. in fact, the vast majority of Insurance Underwriting Guidelines DO NOT permit agents to submit applications for coverage on vacant, unoccupied property, or for property that is up for sale
- Did you know. . . In 2012 HIT Caretaker Occupied Houses averaged a 49% faster sale with 23% more money at closing? These are not numbers we created on one or two houses. This was based on the sale of over 60 houses in 2012 alone!
- Did you know. . . Because the average property is losing 1% of its value per month in addition to the cost to maintain utilities, upkeep and provide the same level of security, marketability and insurability HIT can provide, there is no better time to sell your house than TODAY!
- Did you know. . .That after the average maintenance and repair costs, the net return on a rental house in our current market, declining on average 1% per month, is nearly break even or worse while putting your biggest investment at risk.
Did you know . . . HIT has an A+ BBB rating which continues to exceed any property management company in the area.
- Did you know. . . your broker is more interested in selling your house for which they earn a commission than managing the many issues your vacant property creates for which they earn NO COMMISION. You hired the best to sell your house, not manage it while it sits vacant. Placing your vacant house in the HIT program is the only way to be sure it will receive a breath of life while on the market for sale.
- Did you know there is a big difference between renting, staging and having your vacant house HIT Caretaker Occupied. We'll be happy to show you the difference and let you be the judge. Simply call our office and ask for the HIT Caretaker Comparison.
Click the video below to see what we can do for you